|Laraine's Improv Triangles - cool handstitching!|
Prints you need for the triangles:
- Black and white
- Gray - low value - think low volume - no darks
- Beige - low value
- Pink - low value - think pastel
- Brown - any value
Background - Kona Geranium only
Handstitching in black embroidery floss - 3 strands preferred
- Cut a piece of Kona Geranium fabric 11 1/4" X 11 1/4"
- Make an improv triangle of any size and shape not to exceed 10" in width or length
- Lay triangle on top of background fabric, the bottom of the triangle should line up with the bottom of the background fabric. A little wonky is good!
- Lay ruler along the right side of the triangle, cut, and slide piece to the side. This becomes piece #2.
- Repeat along the left side of the triangle. This becomes piece #1.
- Save the Geranium triangle you just created for another project.
- Sew piece #1 to the left side of the improv triangle. Press. Trim.
- Sew piece #2 to the right side of the improv triangle. Press.
- Trim entire block to 10" square.
- Add black running stitches with embroidery floss. This can be a little or a lot - your choice - Required!
- Repeat and make more =)
Have fun with this improv block!