|THE MODERN QUILT GUILDMembers Only Newsletter|
2015 Fabric Challenge!
If you were one of the lucky MQG members to sign up (in the eight hour window before all of the spots filled), you received a fat eighth bundle of six fabrics from designer Amanda Herring's The Cottage Garden collection.
The genesis behind The Quilted Fish, Amanda is, in her own words "a mom, wife, pattern designer, fabric designer, entrepreneur and all-around fun person. I started The Quilted Fish in 2008 and it has been an amazing creative journey for me."
So what is the challenge?
- Make something fantastic that is quilted.
- Make something you've never done before.
- Challenge yourself to try something new.
- Use only Riley Blake The Cottage Garden fabrics in the aqua and gray colorway and any coordinating Riley Blake basics for solids.
- The challenge period is from March through July.
- Take pictures and upload them to the community page on the MQG website.
- Tag all of your photos on Instagram or Facebook with #mqgfabricchallenge.
If you did not receive fabric, you can still participate by purchasing these same six fabrics from your favorite local brick and mortar quilt shop or online retailer.
We expect to see some fabulous quilted items during the guild reveal which is our August meeting.