We have another great day planned for you! Our monthly meeting will be held on Saturday, May 9, beginning at 10:00 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Crestview.
Our luncheon theme will be High Tea in honor of Mother's Day. Typically finger foods, small dainty foods, or small bites are served at High Tea. Several people have already signed up via Facebook with such items as smoked salmon sandwiches, lemon tea cake, lemon curd, cucumber sandwiches, etc. Please bring something to share for lunch. I've also heard a rumor that very large hats might be worn in honor of the occasion!
The ECMQG Board and Committee Chairs have been hard at work and we have a very dynamic meeting planned. Agenda items include:
- The Needlebook Swap - there's still time to make one to swap!
- Demonstration on the quick accurate sewing of Flying Geese
- What is a "low volume" fabric and the difference between a low volume traditional fabric and a low volume modern fabric
- Block Lottery for April Drawing - Modern Log Cabin
- Block Lottery for May Drawing - Dutchman's Puzzle
- Block Lottery for June reveal and directions
- Tula Pink MF8 Swap information and directions for JUNE
- The Fisher House Charity quilt - information, directions for sewing blocks
- The Chautauqua Quilt Show in February 2016 - information
- St. Simons on the Sound Craft Fair 2015 - information
- News from the Modern Quilt Guild
After the meeting, we will enjoy good food and sewing time together at Sew Day. If you plan to stay and sew please remember to bring a long extension cord.
We look forward to seeing everyone!
ECMQG Vice President