|Riley Blake Cottage Garden by Amanda Herring - photo courtesy of the Modern Quilt Guild|
Riley Blake made 1500 fabric bundles available to MQG members, and each member had to request the fabric on their own. It took only 8 hours for all 1500 bundles (6 FEs each) to be taken. However, if you wish to participate, you may purchase fabric to use for your challenge.
Here is the challenge:
- Make something fantastic that is quilted.
- Make something you've never done before.
- Challenge yourself to learn something new.
- Use only Riley Blake Cottage Garden fabrics and coordinating Riley Blake basics and solids. [You may use any Riley Blake basic solid or shade to compliment the Cottage Garden Fabrics. (Riley Blake Basic, solid or shade are generally coded as C100 or C200), suggestions were C100-1, C200-3, C100-12, C200-43, C100-40]
- The challenge runs from March until July 2015.
- Tag all your photos on Facebook and Instagram with #mqgfabricchallenge
|Photo courtesy of www.rileyblake.com|
If you didn't receive fabric directly from the MQG, you may purchase fabric in any colorway to participate in the Riley Blake Fabric Challenge. Some prints are available locally at A&E, or you may wish to purchase your fabric online. A quick check showed fabrics available at Hawthorne Threads, Fabric.com, and Missouri Star Quilts.
The deadline for your quilted creation to be uploaded to the MQG Facebook page, the MQG website or on Instagram is July 31, 2015. You must use the hashtag #mqgfabricchallenge to enter. I recommend, however, that in addition to posting to FB or IG you upload your photo to the MQG Website here.
ECMQG will be having our own Riley Blake mini-challenge as well. Bring your creation to the July ECMQG meeting on July 11, 2015 and share your "something fantastic that is quilted" with guild members. One plus is that if your creation is finished by July 11, it will be done in time to enter into the MQG challenge.