The Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild started the new year off with a great meeting at our new location in Crestview.
- ECMQG is moving all business associated information to our closed Facebook group.
- Our blog will be all about pictures and sharing, with just a little news for you!
- A rough calendar of events for the year was discussed. Upcoming activities include
- Sew Together Bag Sit & Sew Workshops - 2
- Dress a Girl Sit & Sew
- Art Gallery Fabric Swap
- Make a Mini All Prints Fabric Challenge
- Kona Splash Color Challenge
- Round Robin - to be determined
- Interguild swap - to be determined
- Our member, Natalie, will have a quilt on display at QuiltCon in Nashville. Several members are going. Take selfies with Natalie's quilt!
- 2018 was an awesome year as guild members collectively worked to stay within budget. This year we reap the rewards with rotating door prize buyers.
- The hospice quilt is well underway, due date in March.
- See you in February on the 9th!
|New and renewing members receive their choice of a |
FQ from the Quantum line by Guicy Guice
|Door prizes this month were Forage Essex Linen from Anna Graham. |
Natalie and Faye each won 3 sets. Can you believe that????
|Loree, our President, always has a fun fundraiser. |
This time useful 1/2" rulers and Tula Pink fabric!
|Check out this beautiful fabric from our Amy Butler swap. |
FQ large scale prints anyone?
|The block lottery this month was half rectangle triangles |
in a citrus color palate with low volumes. WOW!
|Next month's block lottery is a bright/pastel wonky star in a field of black and white prints.|
|The memorial hospice quilt is ready to receive the 360+ names.|
|Show and Tell - Linda made a holiday mini!|
|Natalie made a scarf on her rigid heddle loom.|
|Laraine made her shirt. Slow sewing with reverse applique and details.|
We were all amazed by this beautiful tunic!