Sunday, July 31, 2016
It's ECMQG's 5th Anniversary - AND Time for our Annual Scrap Swap Challenge!
Once again, it is time for our annual Scrap Swap Challenge - this year to commemorate our 5th Anniversary! This may just be the most exciting, most fun swap of the year! This swap is open to all ECMQG members in good standing.
Here's what you do:
1. Fill a **quart size** zip lock bag with fabrics from your scrap bin - all colors and sizes (nothing larger than a FQ please - no yardage). You will want to have a bag full of scraps that reflect the things you like.
2. Bring the bag to our guild meeting on August 13th.
3. Put your zip lock in a brown paper bag, which will be provided. Do not put your name on it.
4. Each member who brought a bag will take a bag from the table.
5. The recipient of each bag will confer with the donor about the item they would like to receive. (NOTE: While this is an opportunity to give your partner some ideas of what you might like, this should only be a general idea of what you would like your partner to make for you. The decision about WHAT to make lies with the sewist.)
6. Sewists will have one month to make a fabulous scrappy item for their partner from the scraps their partner provided. Sewists may add only one other fabric to complete their project. Sewists should do their very best work on their partner's item.
7. Bring your creation to our meeting on September 10th for the Big Reveal! (Be sure to return excess scraps.)
8. Oooh and ahhh over all the wonderful quilty goodness at the reveal.
9. Be sure and thank your partner for your gift.