Our meeting began promptly at 10 am with the clanking of the bell by our junior member Ava.
* Our zippy pouch swap from February “Bring Two, Take One” added 8 new items to our upcoming online auction inventory.
* The Tiger Lily challenge was discussed. A bag or tote using a pattern (or not) that the maker is comfortable with. Tiger Lily fabric was on hand for purchase. (We bought ours at A Quilter's Place)
* Members were reminded to use the guilds Pinterest boards for ideas. Boards have been created with specific programs in mind.
* Mary will be heading back home with beachy “Bits of Friendship” for her modern group at The Pine Tree Quilters of Muskoka.
* Hospice quilt deadline is March 22.
* We looked at and discussed the category winners from QuiltCon.
* Members discussed the purchase of a roll of batting for charity quilts, members voted, all agreed to the purchase.
* Laraine will be presenting the April program “Something Pillowy”.
* The March program was presented by Natalie on Modern Blenders.
Design, color and motifs were discussed. A card with a side by side fabric swatch was passed around to each member, then discussed why the fabric was either modern or traditional.
* Members wanting to participate in the Modern Blender F8 Fabric Swap were asked to sign up for warm, cool or neutral fabrics.
F8’s are due at the April meeting. Instructions for cutting are in the blog March 2016. Members were reminded to shop locally.
* Natalie will be on hand at Sit and Sew to help members that started their Strip Piecing project work toward completion at the April meeting.
* Mary won the Knee Socks Block Lottery.
* Pat presented the April Block Lottery, 3/4 Log Cabin by Ara Jane Olufson using bright saturated colors.
* Door prizes were won by Linda, Lisa, Natalie, Loree, Laraine and Jill.* Natalie won the drawing for the Pot of Gold!