March is my month for block lottery. I went with Reflections and my inspiration for this block came from The Charming Needle. I think this block will be very versatile and easy to put together. We will be playing with color value; learning the contrast of light and dark within a color family.
The tutorial for reflections can be found here on my blog That's Sew Creative
The only colors that are specific to this block are the outer strips, and they are Kona Ash and Charcoal. I hope this tutorial is easy and fun for you to put together. I can't wait to see your blocks in March.
The rules are simple:
- The Lottery is open to all ECMQG members in good standing.
- Please use only quilt shop quality fabric (no big box fabric stores with the exception of designer lines).
- Please no batiks, civil war prints, or traditional fabrics. If you are unsure about your fabric selection as it relates to 'Modern', just ask.
- The aesthetic is ALWAYS MODERN
- Take your time to construct your block well; use 1/4" seam allowances.
- Blocks should be the correct size, within about a quarter of an inch.
- Each block + $1 is one entry in the drawing. You may submit as many entries as you would like.
- Please label your block with your name, somewhere within the seam allowance. An address label stuck to the back also works.
- Past winners can still contribute, but please understand until we see a finished quilt top (or project) from your bonanza, someone else will know the thrill of winning.
- If you have questions please leave comment.