2015 is the year for everyone to get involved! We've had quite a few members volunteer this year, and they have joined together into committees and started planning some amazing things for the guild. We want this guild to belong to its members, through continued input and participation. Our guild meetings are a great place to meet with our friends, meet new ones, learn some new stuff and have fun.
As program director, I am looking for some wonderful, amazing, talented ladies (this means you) that are willing to admit it, and help me out!
Listed below are my fabulous ideas for potential programs this year. My intentions are to offer the most relevant information on modern quilting topics and techniques, in the areas of greatest interest to our members. I'd like everyone's input so that I can narrow down the options.
Here are some ideas:
- Glue basting (possibly Feb)
- What's the deal with copyrights? (possibly March)
- Field trip to A&E (possibly April) See last year's trip here
- Hand quilting the modern way
- Foundation paper piecing
- English paper piecing, possibly modern medallions
- Paperless paper piecing
- How to prepare fabric for the best quilting results
- How to choose the best neutral for your project
- Deciding what to quilt
- Making labels
- Modern vs Traditional fabrics.
- Binding quilts by machine, quilt binding attachments
- Pixelated quilts
- How to insert/attach zippers
In the comments below, please indicate which of these topics interest you, and which ones you can demonstrate to the guild. Don't be scared, I'm not looking for a fancy presentation! You can even volunteer in pairs or groups.